Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
250g blueberries, rinsed and well drained
2 tablespoons (30ml) sunflower oil
250g plain flour
5 caster sugar
2 teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 200C, 185C fan assisted, 400F, gas mark 6.
- Grease a muffin tin with a little oil or line it with paper cases.
- Beat the egg in a bowl, stir in the milk and remaining oil.
- Mix in the butter and all the dry ingredients until the flour is absorbed, but still lumpy - do not over mix.
- Now fold in the blueberries and mix well. Fill the muffin tins two thirds full with the mixture.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins have risen. Eat warm or cold.