125g spreadable butter
65g granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg lightly beaten
125g plain flour
50g ground almonds
Few blanched almonds to decorate
Caster sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (165°C fan assisted, 350°F). Grease and line a large baking tray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg very gradually, beating all the time, then beat in the vanilla.
- Mix in, with a spoon or on slow speed, the flour and ground almonds, then scoop little piles of the mix with a dessert spoon onto the tray. Add an almond to the top of each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little castor sugar.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes on the tray, then move to a rack to cool completely.